The Fit For Golf 101 Online Training Program is a 12 week plan broken down into 3 levels; Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3. Each level last 4 weeks, and consists of 3 different workouts. If we take Level 1 as an example, it will contain Level 1 Workout A, Level 1 Workout B, and Level 1 Workout C. Workout A, B, and C, are each to be completed once per week for 4 weeks. Once this has been completed it will be time to move onto Level 2, where the same process will be repeated for 4 weeks. After 4 weeks of Level 2 Workouts A,B, & C it will be time for Level 3. The program was designed for people who want to work on their golf fitness but aren’t quite sure what exercises they should be doing, how to put these into a comprehensive plan, or are too great a distance to work with me in person.
- 12 week program – split into 3 x 4 week “Levels”.
- Each Level has 3 workouts. Workout A, B, & C. You do each workout once per week for 4 weeks. Then move onto the next Level.
Example (Level 1):
Monday: Level 1 Workout A,
Wednesday: Level 1 Workout B,
Friday: Level 1 Workout C.
Repeat for 4 weeks.
After repeating this sequence for 4 weeks you would then move onto Level 2 and repeat Level 2 Workouts A, B, & C for 4 weeks. Finally, after 4 weeks of Level 2, you will move onto Level 3.
You will see the workout is composed of 5 “supersets”, which are mini circuits. You complete the prescribed sets / rounds of each superset, before moving onto the next superset.
Level 1 Workout A Example (Superset 4).
Below is an example of how you will see your workout appear on the app.
“Superset of 3 rounds”
- Squat To Box x 8 reps
- Tall Kneeling Cable Rotation x 8 reps each side
- Hands Elevated Push Up x 8 reps
For this superset you would do one set of Squat To Box, then one set of Tall Keeling Cable Rotations, then one set of Hand Elevated Push Up’s. This is one “superset” done. You would then go back to Squats (Eccentric Emphasis) and start the second superset of this series of exercises. Repeat this sequence for the prescribed number of supersets.
Check out this video to see the user interface on the Fit For Golf App:
The program has been developed around the “5 Pillars of Golf Strength and Conditioning” I wrote about in this article. The program is suitable for all fitness levels, and provides a blend of coordination, mobility, stability, speed/power, and strength. All these components of fitness are essential for a efficient and athletic golf swing.
To get a better insight into what each level actually looks like, how the training program progresses over the 12 weeks, and what some of our clients have to say, please take a couple of minutes to watch this video:
The main benefits of the program are:
- Increased Club Head Speed i.e more distance.
- More mobility, stability, strength, and power while playing golf and in everyday life.
- Less warm-up time require before “loosening out”
- Reduces aches and pains, and decreases the likelihood of injury.
- Helps burn calories for a a reduction in body fat when combined with an appropriate diet.
Included in your program.
- Three different golf specific workouts to be done each week. Approx 45 min per workout.
- The Fit For Golf App, and website login details, complete with Tutorial Videos for each exercise.
- Access to the app is only for the duration of the program you purchased, but an Excel version with video links will be e-mailed as a permanent resource.
- Printable program sheets for tracking your workouts.
The Fit For Golf App allows you have your workouts at your fingertips.
You can purchase the 12 Week Program with automatic download at the link below. For a limited time you can receive 20% off by entering FFG20 in the coupon bar at checkout.
- Can the workout be done from home?
Yes, absolutely. I was very aware that many of the potential users of this program would be interested in doing it from home. To get maximum benefit from home I suggest the following equipment:
- Medicine Ball: LINK I recommend a 6 or 8lb ball for most people.
- Dumbbells: The weight will vary for different exercises but pairs of 20lb and 30lb would work well for most people.
- Resistance Bands: LINK I like these ones from GolfGym. They can be used to replicate any of the exercises done on a cable machine in the gym. They are also perfect for people who travel a lot.
- TRX Suspension Straps Equivalent OR Pull-up Bar: TRX Style Suspension Straps / Pull-up Bar
- Dowel Rod / PVC Pipe / Broom Handle (4-6 feet in length)
- What fitness level is this program designed for?
The program can be easily scaled to just about any fitness level. It is easily modifiable and has been used successful with golfers of vastly different fitness levels, playing abilities, and ages.
- I have an injury to my ___________, can I still do the program?
Regardless of the injury you have (unless very acute and serious), there is almost certainly large parts of the program you will be able to do and benefit from. When done appropriately the program could also serve as great rehab.
- Can I buy the program now, and do it at a later date?
Yes, after you buy it just e-mail me the date you would like to start. You get 16 weeks access to the 12 week program from your start date. This gives you some cushion in case you miss workouts and need to get back on track.
- Once I buy the program do I have permanent access to the app?
No, you get 16 weeks access to the app from the start date of your program. In the “description” section of your program there is a link to access and download an Excel Copy of the Program with YouTube video links to each exercise. This can serve as your permanent copy. One week before your program access on the app expires, you will receive an auto message with the option to extend your program access on the app for $9 per month. This $9 per month is completely separate and optional from the initial program payment, and can be cancelled at any time.
- Can the workouts be printed so I can take them to the gym?
Yes printable workout sheets can be printed if you log into your account via www.fitforgolf.trainerize.com. Go into a workout and just click on the printer icon in the top right hand corner of the screen.
For any other questions please email: email@example.com