Fit For Golf 101
- 12 week program, split into 3 Levels. Level 1, 2, & 3. Each Level is 4 weeks in duration. There are 3 primary full body training sessions per week. Each session will take approx 30-45 minutes.
- The workouts can be done from home or at the gym. Please scroll to the FAQ section at the bottom of this e-mail to see the recommended equipment list for home workouts.
- Many of the exercises do not require any specialised equipment. at all. They can even be done while watching TV!
- This program is recommend for people currently with a lower level of fitness, have little previous workout experience, or have fallen out of shape. If that sounds like you, this is the perfect program to get you back on track for golf and life.
- I often receive questions from senior golfers, concerned about joint issues, or injuring themselves. This program begins at a very low intensity level, perfect for getting started.
- The program will be delivered via the Fit For Golf App. You can also download an Excel version from the app. For new app users: The app is not available in the App store, and you do not need to download it before purchase. After buying the program go straight to your e-mail and follow the instructions to set up your account and download the app.
- The workouts contain a mixture of dynamic and static stretching, balance & stability work, full body strengthening, and speed and power exercises. All geared towards a beginner level.
The primary objective of this program is to improve golf and general “fitness” and ease you into habit of training consistently. The secondary objective of this program which is automatically interlinked with the primary objective is to improve your club head speed.
Fitness can be defined in a number of ways, so it’s important to put the term in some context.
The program will work on full body:
- Mobility & Flexiblity
- Stability & Balance
- Injury Prevention & Rehab
- Cardiovascular Fitness
- Muscle Mass Maintenance / gain and fat loss (when combined with an appropriate diet)
I’m guessing you are interested in golf, fitness, and living a long and healthy life. The beauty of this program, and all the other programs I write is that they help you with all of these goals. Please do not take the attitude “I’m not in good enough shape” for this program or that you are too old to benefit. There are options throughout the program for all fitness levels, and I am happy to provide advice along the way.
If you follow the program consistently I absolutely 100% guarantee you will improve.
Fit For Golf APP User Testimonials
Frequently asked questions
Yes. Over 50% of the 1000+ Fit For Golf app users do their workouts from home. It can also be done while traveling / staying in hotels with a combination of the equipment in the following list that travels well, and hotel gyms. Here is the equipment list I recommend if doing the workouts from home:
- Medicine Ball: I recommend a 6-10lb ball weight. This is dependent on your strength level. LINK. All medicine ball exercises can be simulated with resistance bands / tubing if throwing a medicine ball is not an option for you.
- Dumbbells: The weight required will vary for different exercises but pairs of 20lb and 35lb would work well for most people. The more options in this regard the better.
- Resistance Bands /Tubing: I like these ones from GolfGym. LINK. They can be used to replicate any of the exercises done on a cable machine in the gym, and can be used to simulate medicine ball exercises. They are also perfect for people who travel a lot. I also recommend this band from SKLZ, which will be used for warm-up exercises.
- TRX Suspension Straps Equivalent OR Pull-up Bar: TRX Style Suspension Straps / Pull-up Bar
- Dowel Rod / PVC Pipe / Broom Handle (4-6 feet in length). A golf club can be used instead.
Fit For Golf 101 is aimed at beginner fitness levels, people who have little workout experience, or whom have fallen out of shape. If you are already used to working out and in good shape, check out the Off-Season and Super Speed Programs.
12 Weeks. 3 workouts per week. Each workout takes approx 30-45 minutes.
Yes. I recommend being careful of your recovery however. To get the full benefits from this training program you should be fresh when doing the workouts. I suggest avoiding heavy lifting and excessive cardio. If you are not recovering in between workouts you will not be able to give 100% effort to this program. Many people perform some regular cardio, HIT, or exercise classes.
No. Program access on the app will expire 16 weeks after your program start date. If you want to change your access start date contact me directly through the app or e-mail email@example.com.
You will receive an Excel copy of the program with video links as a permanent copy. Upon completion of the 16 weeks there will also be an option to maintain app access to the program for $9 per month.
Get clearance by a physio, but as long as you start conservatively – probably yes. It will likely serve as good rehab – but double check with someone if you think you should. Read the testimonials above from golfers with injuries who very successfully used this program.
At Least 5mph. Some people have gained 10+mph in 12 weeks.
Yes, but you will need to ensure you are in calorie deficit.
For less advanced trainees, yes. For intermediate / advanced trainees I would suggest adding some lifting volume. For all trainees, calorie and protein intake will need to be in the right range to maximise muscle mass gain.
No. You should in fact feel much better. Less aches and pains, more energy, faster recovery, and a more powerful swing.
No. Many golfers over 70 have benefited from this program.
Interested In Even More Improvement and saving $127? Check Out The Fit For Golf Transform PackagE
This package is a “bundle” containing all 3 of the Fit For Golf Programs available on the Fit For Golf App, and the popular Fit For Golf Warm-Up Manual.
Each program is 12 weeks in duration, and consists of 3 different workouts per week. Each workout requires 30-60 minutes, and can be easily modified to suit your needs. Your workouts, and the order in which to follow them is neatly laid out in the Fit For Golf App.
That’s 36 weeks / 9 months of structured training. 108 expertly designed workouts. You will become and stay, a different golfer and person.
Each workout and program can be completed at the gym or at home.
The Fit For Golf Warm-Up Manual $29 RRP - Also Included!!
Individual Product Value
- 101 $79
- Off-Season $99
- Super Speed $99
- Warm-Up Manual $29
The Fit For Golf Transformation Package
- Super Speed
- Warm-Up Manual