Fit For Golf Off Season Program
12 week program, split into 3 x 4 week “Phases”. Each Phase has a distinct emphasis.
- There are 3 workouts per week. Each workout takes approximately 45 minutes. You can easily adjust the number of sets to suit your time availability however.
- Weeks 1-4 is an eccentric focused phase which utilises a slow lowering tempo on exercises which is excellent for improving technique and mobility, and reducing the likelihood of injury. There are 3 primary full body training per sessions per week. Each session will take approx 40 minutes.
- Weeks 5-8 is an isometric focused phase. This involves pausing at the most difficulty parts of an exercise, which people usually try to “bounce” out of. This is superb for technique and mobility, and also learning how to perform exercises without momentum. It’s a surefire way to stop “cheating”.
- Weeks 9-12 is a concentrically focused phase which is more similar to what regular lifting looks like. The goal is maximum power production.
- The sequence of these three phases has proven to be extremely potent with numerous reports of increased club head speed, mobility, strength, power, and just as importantly a reduction in nagging aches and pains.
- All workouts follow the same basic flow. Each workout has 5 sections.
1) Joint Mobility – 5 minutes
2) Golf Specific Movement Control – 5 minutes
3) Power – 10 minutes
4 & 5) Strength 20-30 minutes
Improve Golf Specific Fitness: By implementing a system that targets the “5 Pillars of Golf Strength & Conditioning”, after completion of the program you will likely:
- Considerably increase club head speed – a key component in how far you can hit each club. Club head speed also has a strong correlation with handicap.
- Be able to make mechanically sounder and more efficient golf swings.
- Reduce injury potential & help clear up nagging injuries.
What are the 5 Pillars of Golf Strength & Conditioning?
- Motor control – The ability to sync up your brain and body to make the movement you desire.
- Mobility – The ability to move your body through a certain range of motion in a particular movement. Often referred to as flexibility, but they are not the same thing.
- Stability – The ability to maintain a position while a force is trying to disrupt it. Essential for maintaining balance and distribution of weight during the swing.
- Strength – Horsepower – how much force we can produce, in a particular movement.
- Rate of Force Development – How quickly we can apply force aka strength in a particular movement (speed / power in layman’s terms).
Improve Body Composition & General Fitness, and Health:
- While golf specific fitness programs are excellent for improving swing quality & performance they are often not the best programs for improving body composition. This program is different. Body composition is simply how your total body weight is proportioned between muscle and fat. The vast majority of people would benefit from decreasing fat mass, and increasing muscle mass.
- Many people freak out when they read “increase muscle mass” because they immediately think of bulking up like bodybuilders and losing mobility. This is not what we are aiming for, and is not going to happen on this program. The combination of training provided in this plan is designed to allow you shed excess body fat while simultaneously developing your muscle contraction speed, strength, mobility, and endurance. Toned, lean, defined, strong muscles are the images you should have as opposed to The Hulk or some massively bulked up bodybuilder.
- Most golf fitness programs lack sufficient training volume (amount) and intensity (effort level) to elicit meaningful changes in body composition. This is understandable as large improvements in swing performance can be made without engaging in training with a strong enough stimulus to elicit changes in body composition.
- One of main reasons for the typical lower volume in golf specific training programs is because during periods of competitive play it’s very important that physical training does not lead to muscle soreness or fatigue that may affect golf practice or play.
- The off season gives us a perfect window where we can increase the physical training volume & intensity, allowing for higher levels of physical fitness to be attained without worrying about disrupting competitive play. Once this concentrated block of training is complete, it is quite easy to maintain the fitness gains with a lower volume & intensity of training than it took to develop them, while also transitioning back into more practice and play if desired.
The benefits of improving body composition are potentially huge for both general health, fitness, and golf. Here is a selection of some of the top ones:
- Lowering body fat levels is an excellent way of helping prevent a whole host of cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Diabetes, heart disease, etc.
- Increasing muscle mass is vital to prevent “Sarcopenia” the loss of muscle mass with age. Speed, power, strength, and muscle mass drop rapidly as we age which leads to a whole host of undesirable changes to both our golf game and general quality of life. On the golf course, decreases in mobility and club head speed (aka distance), while in our everyday lives basic tasks like walking, climbing stairs,carrying heavy loads, sitting to standing, and general chores become much more difficult. You might not notice anything now but this is what’s awaiting you unless you take action. The sooner the better. Luckily we can HUGELY offset these changes with appropriate training and nutrition. It’s also never too late to start, improvements can be made at any age.
- I think most of us will be willing to admit we would have more confidence and a better self image if we were in better shape, and more content with how we looked.
- Help you clear up and prevent nagging injuries.
- Educate and excite you about physical training.
I want to help you become healthier, fitter, & better at golf, while playing it and enjoying it as much as possible, for as long as possible.
Fit For Golf APP User Testimonials
Frequently asked questions
50% of the 1500+ Fit For Golf app users do their workouts from home. It can also be done while traveling / staying in hotels with a combination of the equipment in the following list that travels well, and hotel gyms. Here is the equipment list I recommend if doing the workouts from home:
- Medicine Ball: I recommend a 6-10lb ball weight. It must be a wall ball style medicine ball which is suitable for throwing and slamming against walls and floors. This is dependent on your strength level. All medicine ball exercises can be simulated with resistance bands / tubing if throwing a medicine ball is not an option for you. LINK
- Dumbbells: The weight required will vary for different exercises but pairs of 20lb and 35lb would work well for most people. The more options in this regard the better.
- Resistance Bands /Tubing: They can be used to replicate any of the exercises done on a cable machine in the gym, and can be used to simulate medicine ball exercises. They are also perfect for people who travel a lot as they are light and easy to pack. LINK
- Dowel Rod / PVC Pipe / Broom Handle (4-6 feet in length). A golf club can be used instead.
Fit For Golf 101 is aimed at beginner fitness levels, people who have little workout experience, or whom have fallen out of shape. If you are already used to working out and in good shape, check out the Off-Season and Super Speed Programs.
12 Weeks. 3 workouts per week. Each workout takes approx 30-45 minutes.
Yes. I recommend being careful of your recovery however. To get the full benefits from this training program you should be fresh when doing the workouts. I suggest avoiding heavy lifting and excessive cardio. If you are not recovering in between workouts you will not be able to give 100% effort to this program. Many people perform some regular cardio, HIT, or exercise classes.
No. Program access on the app will expire 16 weeks after your program start date. If you want to change your access start date contact me directly through the app or e-mail email@example.com.
You will receive an Excel copy of the program with video links as a permanent copy. Upon completion of the 16 weeks there will also be an option to upgrade to Fit For Golf Premium and access all of the Fit For Golf App Material.
Get clearance by a physio, but as long as you start conservatively – probably yes. It will likely serve as good rehab – but double check with someone if you think you should. Read the testimonials above from golfers with injuries who very successfully used this program.
At Least 5mph. Some people have gained 10+mph in 12 weeks.
Yes, but you will need to ensure you are in calorie deficit.
For less advanced trainees, yes. For intermediate / advanced trainees I would suggest adding some lifting volume. For all trainees, calorie and protein intake will need to be in the right range to maximise muscle mass gain.
No. You should in fact feel much better. Less aches and pains, more energy, faster recovery, and a more powerful swing.
No. Many golfers over 70 have benefited from this program.
Want Even More Improvement & For Better Value? You need Fit For Golf Premium!
This $12 monthly or $120 yearly subscription is the only golf fitness resource you will ever need.
This package contains:
- Fit For Golf 101
- Off Season Program
- Speed Program
- In Season Program
- 15 Minute Home & Hotel Room Workouts
- A Golf Warm-Up Section (The Fit For Golf Warm-Up Manual)
- Fit For Golf Recipe Ebook!
- TPI Assessment Guide
Any new content I create will be uploaded to the app for no extra cost!
I’m not exaggerating when I say this is the ONLY fitness resource will ever need to maximise your golf potential.
Trusted by thousands of golfers from around the world. Juniors, seniors,
Fit For Golf Warm-Up Manual Videos & Recipe Book Also Included - $RRP 41.99
Individual Product Value
- 101 $79
- Off-Season $79
- Super Speed $79
- In Season Program $49 (Can't buy individually)
- Home Workouts $49 (Can't buy individually)
-Warm-Up Manual $29
- Recipe Book $12.99
-TPI Assessment Guide (Can't buy individually)
Get All Of This On Fit For Golf Premium!
- Super Speed
- Warm-Up Manual
- In Season
-TPI Assessment Guide